This year Google I/O will be about DDD, have you read the blue book ? Oh wait, sorry, it’s not about Domain Driven Design but Design, Develop, Distribute. Interesting to see that Google choose to replace the more common “Run” theme with a Distribute one. It feels like they are saying don’t worry anymore about how you will run your application, just use our cloud. But instead think how you will Distribute your mobile application… on google store of course.
We can expect a lot of announcements and sessions around Android. And a lot more, as you can see in the list of sessions I’m planning to attend. Can’t wait to learn more about Docker, Polymer, DevOps and the Google cloud platform !
Day one June 25
- 9AM (18H in Paris) 2 hours of keynote, can’t miss that !
- 11AM Developer workflow around Docker containers
Great one of my favorite subject to get started
- 12PM Containers on Google App Engine
Yeah I stay focused on distributing Docker images
- 1PM Polymer and the Web Components revolution
Let’s switch from container to components
- 2PM Polymer and Web Components change everything you know about Web development
And stay focused again !
- 2PM Zero to hero with Google Cloud Platform
Unless I go back the cloud platform
- 2PM Building a Lambda Architecture in 10 minutes with BigQuery, CEP and Docker
Or more docker
- 3PM Continuous integration with Google Cloud Release Pipelines
Let’s see how it compares to cloudbees
- 4PM Unlock the next era of UI development with Polymer
yes many sessions about polymer
Day 2 June 26
- 9AM Building a web app on App Engine
Using the Go langage !
- 10AM Devops power tools
- 10AM Authentication and third party API
Oauth2 early in the morning, is that a good idea ?
- 11AM Upgrading the engine mid-flight: How Google improves its web apps without downtime
- 12PM Prototyping with Polymer
- 2PM Taming your cloud applications with intelligent monitoring
- 3PM DevOps at the speed of Google
- 4PM Predicting the future with the Google Cloud Platform
Et en attendant…